Win a polish set from Essie!
I’ve learned some things about myself while on this quest — I’ve been wearing the wrong bra size for years, for instance. The latest lesson is that a three-year-old could apply nail polish better than I can, which is why I’m not keeping any of these Essie polish sets for myself.
The lovely team at Essie have offered up four sets — two from their new neon collection, two from their summer collection — to help me (and you!) celebrate a banner April in which this site hit the 30,000 views mark (!) and was:
- nominated for a Webby Award
- featured in Digital Trends’ story “These are the Webby nominees you should know but haven’t heard of – yet!”
- featured blog in All My Faves’ April 22, 2013 weekly round up
To enter, share your favourite post from the blog via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Tumblr, and then leave a comment below letting me know you’ve done so. Contest open to those in Canada and the U.S. I’ll shut down entries at 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday May 10.
And, so that you don’t end up with dismally painted nails like mine, I gathered these tips from an Essie pro. The key to polishing is a steady hand:
- Sit down and put your elbows on a flat surface.
- Polish your dominant hand first.
- Start with a base coat, which anchors polish and prevents chipping.
- Apply two coats of colour.
- Finish with a top coat. Polish isn’t meant to be worn without a top coat.
Spread the word for the giveaway and good luck!